KEEP WATCH WATCHMEN

ACTS 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God,a]">[a] which he bought with his own blood.b]">[b] 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31 So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

Monday, May 25, 2015

*** ARE YOU NEEDING REST IN JESUS ? REST AT HIS FEET ? TAKE HIS YOKE AND LEARN FROM HIM ? REST IN YOUR GOOD SHEPHERDS PASTURE

*** ARE YOU NEEDING REST IN JESUS ? REST AT HIS FEET ? TAKE HIS YOKE AND LEARN FROM HIM ? REST IN YOUR GOOD SHEPHERDS PASTURES AND GRAZE ON THE PURE WORD OF GOD GRASS HE WILL FEED YOU WITH ? THEN TAKE TIME OFF AND REST BELOVED BRETHREN SLOW DOWN SIT AT YESHUA(JESUS) FEET AND LET THE MASTER REFRESH YOU,TEACH YOU, CONFORM YOU INTO HIS IMAGE , AMEN
Psalm 23 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; my cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters.
A good shepherd will cause his sheep to find rest. Notice: David says that God "makes me to lie down..." Often our lives are so rushed we don't take the time to rest. The Lord will help us to rest--and force us, if necessary--in times of hurt and pain.
A good shepherd is interested not only in what his sheep do, but also where they do it. Green pastures are not only the right place for sheep to feast, but also the safest place for them. Hired hands usually aren't concerned if the sheep are given the best. The sheep don't belong to them; to them, it's "only a job."
To the contrary, the Lord does what any good shepherd does: He finds the best spot for us. It's our job simply to trust Him when pain strikes. He will take care of us even if we feel disoriented, confused, stymied, or lost.
David next reminds us that sheep are timid and shy creatures. They are one of the few animals in the food chain that are completely vulnerable to predators. Sheep have no defensive capabilities. No claws or sharp teeth. No poison or venom. No bulging muscles. Not even a good growl or menacing look. Because of this, sheep are easy to spook.
Sheep can't easily relax, let alone lie down, near any kind of loud, swirling waters. It is just too unsettling. This is why the good shepherd finds green pastures beside "still waters." He wants them to relax and let him provide all they need.
The Lord does the same thing for us. Hurt causes turmoil and upsets our balance. It puts us off guard, as if we are being tossed about in the rapids during a whitewater rafting trip. Hurt and pain cause us to feel that we are "up a creek without a paddle."
This is why David reminds us that our Good Shepherd will lead us by the still waters. Don't worry. The Lord is looking after you and will provide the peace you need--even during times of hurt and pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment